Job Title: Internship, Music Programming / Assistant Music Director
Location: Worldwide / Home
Type of Position: Temporary
XTRA RADIO plays your favorite hit music 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Without a proper playlist and research we wouldn’t have listeners and advertisers. We analyse our audience by creating a profile about them and do a lot of research on our playlist and musical trends.
For this internship we are looking for a Assistant Music Director.
Duties & Responsibilities
– Analysing charts and selecting songs for our playlist
– “Ingestion” of music in to database.
– Work with music scheduling software (MusicMaster/Powergold) and assist with database maintenance.
– Assembly of promo pieces.
– Distribution of playlists to record labels.
Education and/or Experience
– Enrollment in Communication classes past or present a plus.
– Prior internship or working experience in radio/TV(college or professional), preferred
– Broadcast Communications majors, preferred
– Experience with digital media systems a plus.
– Good project management and planning skills.
– Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
– Knowledge of various music styles and genres.
– Knowledge of Broadcast Automation/On-Air software is a plus. We are willing to learn you some, ofcourse.
– Experience with digital editing software (Cool Edit, Adobe Audition), preferred or willing to learn
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
If you (already) have experience for other internships at radio stations, please submit examples of this work in addition to a resume and application form.
Equal Opportunity – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled